Clayman & Rosenberg LLP maintains an active civil and criminal appellate and post-conviction practice in state and federal courts throughout the country. Our attorneys argued the first post-Skilling “honest services” appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. We have represented a major New York banking institution appealing a tax assessment by New York City before the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, First Department.
The attorneys at Clayman & Rosenberg have successfully prosecuted and defended appeals in federal courts throughout the United States and in the New York appellate courts.
- Pending post-trial appeal before the First Department of client convicted of first-degree assault charges.
- Partnered with the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York to identify defendants convicted of drug offenses who may be eligible for sentence reductions.
- Prevailed on appeal in complex litigation concerning ownership of multi-million dollar diamond.
- Prevailed on appeal in insurance coverage dispute obtaining full indemnification for defrauded business.
- Prevailed on appeal in insurance coverage dispute obtaining coverage for business after broker had stolen premium.
- Pending appeal on issue concerning SEC’s statutory authority to obtain disgorgement from relief defendants.
- Prevailed on appeal dismissing claim against insurance brokerage.