New York University School of Law
New York University (M.A.)
State Bar of New York
U.S. District Courts:
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Amy E. Millard focuses her practice on defending individuals in white-collar criminal and regulatory enforcement matters. Since joining Clayman & Rosenberg as a partner in 1999, she has represented chief executive officers, chief financial officers, compliance officers, attorneys, investment bankers, traders and salespersons, bank relationship managers, operations managers, IT personnel, and executives in a wide variety of industries.
She has successfully defended clients in investigations and actions brought by the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, The Federal Reserve Board Division of Banking and Supervision, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the New York State Attorney General, the District Attorney’s Office of New York, and various other federal and state authorities. Such matters have involved allegations of banking and other financial fraud, securities fraud, market manipulation, improprieties in the sale of various securities (including municipal securities, mortgage backed securities and derivative products), mail and wire fraud, False Claims Act violations, criminal antitrust violations, false statements, obstruction of justice, failure to maintain appropriate anti-money laundering systems, violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, OFAC violations, health care fraud, and criminal tax matters including cross-border tax investigations.
Additionally, she has significant experience in cross-border investigations in the United Kingdom, Israel and Switzerland.
Prior to joining Clayman & Rosenberg, Amy clerked for the Honorable Whitman Knapp in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, and she served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
Recent Representative Matters
- Successfully persuaded federal prosecutors not to charge executives of two international corporations with FCPA violations.
- Successfully avoided indictment for trader in federal anti-trust investigation relating to FX trading.
- Represented senior executive on management committee, relationship managers, and compliance officers in federal tax investigation into Swiss banking.
- Represented executives at foreign financial institutions in connection with federal and state benchmark rate manipulation investigation.
- Selected as a Super Lawyer for the New York-Metro Area every year since 2014.
- Regularly lectures in CLE courses, including the City Bar Center for CLE’s program entitled, “Ethical Considerations for Corporate Investigations.”
- Serves as a member of the UJA-Federation of New York’s Lawyer’s Executive Committee and served as the founding co-chair of the organization’s White Collar Crime and Securities Enforcement Group.
- Taught trial advocacy at Harvard Law School’s Trial Advocacy Workshop and at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law’s Intensive Trial Advocacy Program.
- Served as a member of the New York City Bar Association’s Judiciary Committee and White Collar Committee, and was a Board Member of the New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Currently the Vice Chair of the Executive Committee of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association, and Co-Chairs the City Bar Association’s Women in White Collar Subcommittee.