Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
New York University
State Bar of New York
U.S. District Courts:
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
Ramsey C. Hinkle represents individuals and entities in a wide variety of criminal, civil, regulatory, and administrative matters in federal and state courts. He has represented individuals from CEOs, CFOs and CCOs, to traders, bankers and relationship managers in cross-border investigations of the manipulation of LIBOR, FX, and ISDA Fix rates, as well as cross-border US tax investigations. He defends individuals and entities accused of securities fraud, insurance fraud, healthcare fraud, civil and criminal antitrust violations, and failure to maintain compliance systems. Ramsey also represents individuals and entities subject to trustees’ clawback claims in bankruptcy court. Ramsey provides litigation and regulatory/compliance support in the hedge fund space.
Recent Representative Matters
- Represented executives at large financial institutions in connection with federal and state benchmark rate manipulation investigations, including LIBOR and ISDA Fix.
- Successfully litigated investment advisor’s claim against a clearing firm in a FINRA arbitration resulting in sizable award.
- Represented senior executives of a foreign carrier in a federal anti-trust investigation into the “Roll on Roll off” carrier shipping industry.
- Successfully defended a pharmacist indicted for distribution of controlled substances in the Southern District of New York.
- Served as trial counsel in one of the largest criminal tax shelter cases ever brought by the IRS.
- Represented relationship managers, auditors, and compliance managers at international banks in federal and state fraud and money laundering investigations.
- Successfully avoided both criminal and regulatory charges for executive at international financial institution in connection with federal criminal and regulatory investigations into sub-prime mortgage fraud.
- Represented Head of Audit at international financial institution in federal investigation of adequacy of anti-money laundering program.
- Represented Chief Financial Officer of prominent clearing firm in connection with both an SEC investigation and civil actions relating to international Ponzi scheme carried out by president of an off-shore bank.
- Represented member of Medical, Legal and Regulatory Review Board of big pharma company in a federal investigation of off-label use of a prescription drug.
- Represented senior executive of interior construction industry in connection with industry wide investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
- Represented Hedge Fund and an individual in bankruptcy court in clawback actions brought by trustees.
- Represented a business owner in a dispute with his business partner over shareholder agreement obligations.
- Member of the International Bar Association (Criminal Law and Professional Ethics Committees)
- Member of the New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Member of the New York City Bar