Clayman & Rosenberg LLP provides guidance and counseling to individuals and business entities in all phases of federal and state criminal investigations and prosecutions, from pre-indictment advocacy through trial and appeal.
We always seek to achieve the best possible results for our clients, while minimizing the risks to which they are exposed. Whenever possible, we endeavor to keep our clients from being prosecuted by presenting forceful and creative arguments based on a thorough mastery of the relevant facts and law. The persuasiveness of the positions we take is enhanced by the respect we have already earned from our adversaries over the course of hundreds of cases and decades of collective experience. If charges are filed against our clients, we consider every possible approach to advocate a dynamic and persuasive defense. And, if trial is necessary, we bring to bear our considerable trial experience to challenge the prosecution’s case and present a vigorous defense. Whether or not a case goes to trial, we understand that full attention and effort are required every step of the way, and that pre-trial preparation and strategy are as important to a successful defense as are masterful courtroom performances.
The expertise and experience of every Clayman & Rosenberg LLP partner is available to each of the firm’s clients. We regularly consult with each other to test ideas and obtain fresh insights. The attorneys of Clayman and Rosenberg LLP are committed to providing our clients with the most effective and dynamic representation possible.
- Successfully negotiated an almost unheard of disposition – a strict liability misdemeanor resulting in no jail time or even probation – for a pharmacist charged in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York with the felony of conspiring to distribute prescription controlled substances.
- Successfully represented a senior executive of a Fortune 50 corporation in parallel investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Attorney General of the State of New York, resulting in no charges being brought.
- Persuaded the Public Integrity Unit of the U.S. Department of Justice to terminate, without prosecution, a three year political corruption investigation of the former chairman of the New York State Republican Party.
- Represented the former CEO of a multinational bank in an SEC investigation into improprieties in the municipal bond market.
- Represented senior executives of a “Big Pharma” company in U.S. Department of Justice investigation into marketing practices.
- Defended the Chief Financial Officer of a major drugstore chain in a securities fraud investigation by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.