Clayman Rosenberg Kirshner & Linder LLP has long been known for its expertise in successfully guiding clients through the complex and sensitive issues associated with white-collar criminal matters. Our practice in this area involves the representation of individuals, small businesses, and corporations and their employees located throughout the globe. We represent clients during investigations and prosecutions by federal, state, and local regulators and prosecutors.
Our depth of experience and sophisticated judgment facilitates our skillful representation of individuals and businesses facing a broad range of criminal charges, including securities fraud, mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, tax evasion, conspiracy, insider trading, money laundering, health care and insurance fraud, commercial bribery, OFAC and Economic Sanctions, RICO violations, enterprise corruption, embezzlement, larceny, perjury, obstruction of justice, cyber crimes, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Clayman & Rosenberg LLP also provides guidance to individuals with respect to potential criminal liability associated with internal and governmental investigations. We also assist in the development of preventive measures designed to avoid criminal liability.
- Successfully negotiated an almost unheard of disposition – a strict liability misdemeanor resulting in no jail time or even probation – for a pharmacist charged in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York with the felony of conspiring to distribute prescription controlled substances.
- Persuaded the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Arizona to dismiss a bank fraud indictment against an accountant.
- Successfully represented a senior executive of a Fortune 50 corporation in parallel investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Attorney General of the State of New York, resulting in no charges being brought.
- Persuaded the Public Integrity Unit of the U.S. Department of Justice to terminate without prosecution a three year political corruption investigation of the former chairman of the New York State Republican Party.
- Represented the former CEO of a multinational bank in an SEC investigation into improprieties in the municipal bond market.
- Represented senior executives of a “Big Pharma” company in U.S. Department of Justice investigation into marketing practices.
- Defended the Chief Financial Officer of a major drugstore chain in a securities fraud investigation by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.